Reflection

 One of my favorite things with the first semester was the free reading time. I don't typically read much during my regular life, so having a time carved out just for reading let me experience books I otherwise wouldn't have. In general, when we read books in class we dissect them to their smallest pieces, which somewhat takes away from the overall enjoyment of the book. I found the class workload extremely manageable, even with my other APs. I found blogging to be overall enjoyable, and really liked the more freeform style they adopted towards the end of the semester. I personally really like the Harkness discussions and found them to be some of the most enjoyable class periods. Hearing other peoples ideas and bringing new thoughts and life into a story gave me a new appreciation for whatever piece we read. I think the grading system motivated me to try and find original thought rather than just echo the ideas of others. With online learning it can sometimes be hard to stay motivated especially as a second semester senior, but this class easily became one of my favorites. The classroom environment feels friendly yet productive, and your teaching style made me look forward to class. I'm excited for next semester (even if it means poetry), and I'm hoping to continue growing through the end of the year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No❤️

Waiting for Plot